Life happens. Things are said. Offenses are given and taken. Relationships become distant. There are a thousand reasons why adult children and their parent(s) lose connection.
- Do you miss the closeness and connection you once felt?
- Are you wanting to try and really connect for the first time?
- Do you walk on egg shells around each other?
- Have you endured months or years of silence?
- Do you keep your conversations superficial in order to keep the peace?
- Are there things you would like to express but don’t know how?
- Is the relationship impacting the grandchildren?
- Are you afraid that time might be running out?
Often, it is hard to know where to begin, or even if greater connection or reconciliation is possible. Either way, the pain, frustration, and regret occupies your thoughts. None of us know how much time we have together and it’s true that not all relationships can be reconciled. But, for many, it’s possible. Rather than regretting the years that have been lost, contact us and let’s see if we can help you obtain your hoped for future.
The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
As family systems experts with over 25 years of combined experience and an academic specialty in gerontology and end of life issues, our relationship specialists at the Kansas City Relationship Institute are uniquely qualified to assist you and your family.